The earliest camp meeting conducted in Amroha was in November 1865 and nearly 110 Christians attended this meeting.
Photos of Century old Methodist church in Mohalla Mandichob, Interior of Methodist Church, and the Reverend Daniel Masih reading from the Bible. There is a century old Methodist church in Mohalla Mandichob and the Christian graveyard is on the side of the cross road (previously known as Parker Road) near Krishna Bal Mandir School. Dr. H.B. Ram wrote in his article “The First Indian Presiding Elder of the Methodist Church ZAHUR UL HAQQ (1834-1896)” that Janab Zahur Ul Haqq was appointed in 1882 as the Presiding Elder of Amroha district and thus he became the first Indian Presiding Elder of the Methodist Episcopal Church in India. Amroha District of the Methodist Mission covered the following area i.e. Sambhal, Baijoi, Shahpore, Rasulpore, Sharifpore, Gangeshri, Hasanpur, Narainiya, Durala, Raepore, Dhanaurah, Babu Khera, Joa and Ahchola. In October 1885, the total number of Christians in Amroha District was 827. There were seven churches, 21 vernacular Schools for boys and 11 for girls. By the end of December 1892 there were 37 vernacular schools for boys and 16 for girls mostly up to middle standard. The church did commendable work in the field of education though Christians were a miniscule community and women’s education was not accepted at that time in society.
Though the Christian community in Amroha remains very small in number, they have made a significant contribution to the town. Many Christians have served this town in the field of health and education and in other service fields. Of particular note is famous Urdu poet Janab D.A. Harrison ‘Qurban’ who was born on 12 March 1919 in Amroha. He was a great scholar of Urdu and Persian languages and contributed regularly in many Urdu magazines. He was honoured by U.P. and Bihar Urdu Academy. Another prominent Christian Amrohvi is Dr. C.L. Donald. He came to Amroha in 1952 after the closer of Salvation Army Hospital in Moradabad. He is a well known face of the Christian community in Amroha. He was associated with Pulse Polio program for many years. Recognizing his contribution he was honoured by Rotary Club.